Monday, November 30, 2009

freedom, Freedom, FREEDOM

So I broke up with my boyfriend a couple of weeks ago. While of course it was a little sad, for the most part it was a big relief. For a while I had just been sick of his arguing about nothing and general annoyingness and objection to everything.
Rachel had been telling me constantly to dump him but as if I would do that just because someone told me to. It got a little bit freaky when even my horoscope told me to break up with him, but still, I kept going for a while to see if maybe we could sort out the issues, but after a few more weeks it became clear that it was just dragging on and I was only staying with him for the sake of staying with him. Doing anything for the sake of just doing it is generally a waste of life and I figured there was no point wasting my life (I mean what if te PERFECT guy happened to ride up on his white horse and offer to take me away to his castle and I had to decline because I was already dating someone?) so I broke up with him.
I was planning on being mature about it and seeing him in real life and doing it properly but then after texting him initially suggesting it might be best it kind of just happened and we just were broken up...so that failed and I haven't seen him IRL since....
Oh well it's done.
Now I can enjoy being free to do as I wish for a while. I can wear whatever socks with whatever shoes and whatever jeans I fancy.
No one will argue about the sense in knowing where Spain is located or the practicality of eating breakfast with a knife and fork.
Hurray.

No comments: